Saturday, January 19, 2008

Virgil, Wrestling Superstar

Hey wait, come back. You were walking pretty fast and I think you missed my booth. It's because of this damn sign, it's way too small. I am going to have to do my patented panda slam on whoever made it. I didn't spend two weeks on the community wrestling circuit to be treated like a nobody.

18 comments:

Daniel Satele said...

lol! too funny - he looks like he's gonna cry.

Pugs said...

Ha!Ha!Ha! Good one (only the lonely)
Hey.. thanks for your comment over on my blog. I'm treading very carefully at the moment.. she has a heart of gold though.
Catch ya later.

Lyndon said...

You have to love the fact that only Virgil probably thinks that he is a wrestling superstar.

He can't even get the token family member pretending to go and get an autograph. So very, very sad.

Wonder where his pal the Million Dollar Man is?

Pandora Wilde said...

Dang, that's the saddest picture I've seen all day.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I actually laughed out loud. He actually looks like he is trying really hard not to cry. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I watch wrestling every day but never heard of that superstart so far.

Karl

Jorge said...

So big muscles don't bring automatic popularity anymore? The world's gone mad.

JB Lazarte said...

i think this is the saddest sight i've ever seen. so sad for this dude to sit there. the irony of the "superstar" banner behind him is just too depressing.

christine said...

i just busted out with a loud, obnoxious guffaw at work. did he even tell you anything while you were taking that pic?

John Left said...

Damn, that's got to be tough. Looks like somebody's 15 minutes are up---if they ever started.

Anonymous said...

Haha, looks like no one is at the show at all. So you lose.

Anonymous said...

I met him this past day..and he is so full of himself...I have had the opportunity to speak with him on a one on one basis becuase I have been helping out another famous celebrity during the Wizard Convention...

He charges soo much money for everything....he says he does NOTHING for free....because he is known NATION and WORLDWIDE!!

He is soo famous..that every time I pass by his booth...NO ONE IS THERE TO SEE HIM!

Anonymous said...

I think that if he ever goes to, say, New York, a flash mob ought to show up and line up to see him, with each member of the mob coached to ask Virgil a really specific, detailed, knowledgeable question about his career.

Rocky said...

BTW, here's more info about him.
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/mike-jones.php

Franky, I have never heard of him too.

Eric said...

Well Mason, the thing is that Virgil charges 20 dollars per autograph. Also, he is not very famous. Looking at his career, his real name should have been "Mundaneo" because he had a very short, very mundane career in professional wrestling.

Anonymous said...

I host a television show about wrestling and have interviewed every superstar you can think of. However, every single time I walk into a locker room, every other wrestler lets me interview them - except the first time I approached him, HE WANTED MONEY! My show is for the fans, and wrestlers as big as the Rock let me interview him for free. WHAT AN ARROGANT A-HOLE!

Anonymous said...

Virgil is actually a teacher in a high school here in pittsburgh.I drive for fed ex and I see him every once and a while and I beep and he waves he is not that bad.I did see him at a show in wildwood one year and I had a pitt panthers basketball jersey on and he started to talk to me thats how I found out he lives here.He had the worst language just foul and he didn't even know me.He is still ok though cost for a picture and autograph were 5.00 thats all.

Anonymous said...

This is sad man...