Monday, March 13, 2006

A thousand years in the future...

I had a dream last night about lobsters. It was the distant future, and lobsters had become a sentient species. Mankind reacted to this by sending the lobsters to the moon where they were forced to build humidifiers during the humidifier famine of 2047. A lobster rebellion ensued, and thus began the war. The lobsters struck first by launching skittles at Earth from orbit. It was just like those skittles commercials where they rained down from above. The only difference was that these skittles approached at meteoric velocity, leaving you with only a fraction of a second to "taste the rainbow" before they buried themselves deeply into your skull. I never got to see Earths counter-attack because I woke up, feeling extremely satisfied with my subconscious.

5 comments:

L said...

isn't this the plot summary from "Ender's Game"?

heh heh

ptg said...

Another bad lobster dream. Skittles, eh?

Jim Big Toe said...

I never did trust those lobsters. And don't even get me started about crabs!

Joe said...

Lobsters are already sentient beings.

Eric said...

Sentient:
Self-aware, choice-making consciousness. Humans and cetaceans (dolphins and whales) are the two sentient species on earth.