Friday, April 28, 2006

Eye of the Beholder

So I hung out with a few girls the other day, It was my turn to bring the movie and I told them I was bringing a romantic tragedy about two people and a love that wasn’t meant to be. Certainly this describes “Predator” right?! The alien clearly displays respect for Arnold, and isn’t mutual respect where all relationships begin? And why does the Predator spare Arnold till last? I think the Predator wanted more than Arnold’s skull, he wanted his heart. The end is always a real tearjerker for me. The alien takes off his mask and Arnold realizes how different they are, and how nobody would understand their love, so Arnold hits him with a giant log and forces the Predator to activate his self destruct. It’s like Brokeback Mountain and Romeo and Juliet all wrapped up into one amazing movie. The girls didn’t appreciate it at all and the helicopter hadn’t even landed before they ejected it and put on “Fever Pitch”. I’ll never understand the opposite sex.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until it's your turn to bring in a romantic comedy and tell them it's all about a three-way love affair between someone who's different from all their peers and the hilarious antics that ensue as a three-way romance develops.

Then pull out Alien vs. Predator.

Great post :)

* (asterisk) said...

Bizarre – I did an eye of the beholder story a few days ago.

Christopher Trottier said...

Coke just spilled out of my nose.

Katerina Papadopoulos said...

you showed it to the wrong girl....i would have watched it with ya.

Anonymous said...

you know, I've always thought Predator was kinda sexy, for an alien and all...

Jorge said...

Arnold in love with an ugly alien would make for a blockbuster comedy. Has that been done yet?

Kabooke Quantum Fighter said...

thats the best part, when ahnulds all like 'get to zeeeeee choppaaa! if i ever heard that line for real i would run toward the closest chopper, airplane or pigeon..