
Whew... ok, there's some things I really want to talk about today. I feel like discussing religion. The only problem is that people get so caught up in names and events they end up missing the whole point. That's why I'm going to use symbolism. You see, for me, religion is like a well shielded satellite traveling towards Saturn at 27,000 meters per second. Due to a slight miscalculation concerning the alloy used in shielding the satellite and its interaction with Saturn's enormous magnetic field, it has strays dangerously off course. In fact, the orbit that was intended to slingshot the craft past the gas giant now brings it directly into the rings of ice and debris orbiting the planet. As the satellite collides with an enormous chunk of silicate the explosion is so energetic that the satellite is completely vaporized. Most of the particles are then trapped forever by Saturn's magnetic and gravitational fields. However, some precious few escape and continue on course into the distant Oort Cloud where they collect in microscopic quantities on the surface of a nondescript asteroid.

Millions of years later, a species of hyper-intelligent Mollusks on a routine survey expedition for a mining operation passes by the asteroid. The ships mass spectrometer detects the anomalous particles but considers them valueless and quickly deletes all records of the event. I know religion is a touchy subject and all, but I hope people understand what I'm trying to say here.
No comments:
Post a Comment